This is my favorite time. Monday morning represents a fresh start, a brand-new beginning. Anything can happen. Anything at all. I understand why most people like Friday evenings. The end of the workweek calls for celebration and relaxation. Another deadline has been met; another bullet has been dodged. Go drink a beer.
But it turns out I am essentially a worker. I need something to occupy my mind, to make me feel useful. It is nice if I get paid but it's not necessary. The acquisition of money is not what I am about. I am about learning, growing, sharing, contributing.
Makes retirement hard.
09 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sunday is my most favorite day of the week, however, i do like Mondays just for the very reason you've given :o)
I'm so tired on Sundays and ready for the weekend to be over. What can I say? I guess am basically a serf.
Post a Comment